Jamie Oliver truffles

Sunday 2 March 2014


Jamie Oliver's plain and simple DIY chocolate truffles are such a treat. Cheap to make and requiring barely any cooking, they're the perfect last minute gift if you've forgotten to buy a friend a present (l hope none of mine are reading this).


Though the recipe recommends coating the truffles in toasted almonds or hazelnuts, I prefer these pink sugar balls for a burst of colour. I did actually roll some in hazelnuts I'd briskly toasted in a pan and they tasted really nutty and lovely, but visually, I prefer the ones that look like All Sorts. 

The double cream means they're super rich and velvety, but you really do have to go for dark chocolate.

Using some pastel dot polka muffin cases is a thrifty way to wrap your truffles too. 

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. And if you're into photography like me, you can have loads of fun messing around with colour and textures with these little balls of deliciousness.

 If you're stuck for ideas this Easter…try these.
 x



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground